Sluggish Performance in Panel Text

Ever since the latest update I’m experiencing noticeable delays when typing text in panel descriptions. The delay is quite noticeable, similar to the delay in previous versions when beginning to type a character name. It’s not game-breaking but there are times when it makes it hard to get a good typing rhythm going. Can provide a screen-recording of the issue if necessary.

Sorry for the late reply. It shouldn’t have taken 16 days for the forum to notify me about your post. C’est la technologie.

How long is your script in pages and approximate number of panels per page?

Hey Justin, looks like it was an issue with being on the MacOS Beta. Forgot I installed it, but in the latest beta push the issue seems to have resolved itself.

That’s great! Let me know if problem shows up again.

Looks like the issue is presenting itself again.

My scripts are about 36 pages long, between 4 and 6 panels per page. Towards the end of my scripts, performance when typing out sentences is extremely sluggish. There is a delay between typing a word and the word actually popping up on screen that seems to get progressively worse.

I assumed it was an issue with macOS Big Sur beta, but I’m now on the public release and on an M1 MacBook Pro, and still experiencing the sluggishness. The issue doesn’t seem to happen on PC.

I’ve had one other complaint about Superscript’s performance on Big Sur so far. I’m looking into it and will hopefully have a remedy very soon.

It’s certainly not to the point where the app is unusable, but it does get more noticeable the longer I type. Appreciate the update and you being so responsive to your users!

i’ve been using the app for about 4 months and like it and bought a year license.

i’m also experiencing very sluggish performance, using windows 10. my script is at 95 pages (and growing) with about 4-10 panels per page. the sluggishness started probably around page 40 or so.

it is still usable, but keystrokes are very delayed and the search feature takes forever

Performance is known problem with version 1. We’ve rebuilt version 2 from the ground up to solve the performance issues, but unfortunately, there’s nothing that can be done alleviate the issue in the current release.

As a workaround, you can split your script into multiple files. If file A contains 40 pages, you can start file B with page heading “PAGE 41.” [with the period] to start at page 41 instead of page 1. Regrettably, this breaks the simplicity of Superscript’s auto-numbering feature, but it’s currently the best option.

Version 2 is moving into the testing phase soon and will hopefully be ready for a beta release in a few months.